PHILSYN® PG GEAR OIL
Synthetic Polyalkylene Glycol-Based Industrial Gear and Bearing Oil
Phillips 66® PHILSYN PG Gear Oil is a premium quality, synthetic, polyalkylene glycol (PAG) based fluid developed for use in enclosed gearboxes, bearings and compressors where severe conditions demand the unique properties of these lubricants.
Features & Benefits
- Outstanding oxidation resistance and thermal stability at high temperatures
- High viscosity index and low pour point for use over a wide temperature range
- High film strength for wear protection
- Excellent lubricity compared to mineral-based products
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Extended service intervals compared with petroleum-based lubricants
- Compatible with commonly used seals, gaskets, and hoses(1)
(1)Note: PHILSYN PG Gear Oil is not compatible with petroleum oils. Care should be taken to avoid mixing the two products. When switching over from mineral oil to PHILSYN PG Gear Oil, a complete flush, drain, and refill should be performed.
PHILSYN PG Gear Oil is compatible with neoprene, silicone rubber, torlon, vespal and viton, as well as epoxy paints. It is not compatible with oil-based paints or with solvents, such as diesel fuel, kerosene, heptane, methanol, ethylene glycol or triethanolamine.
- Enclosed gearboxes operating in extreme or unfavorable conditions
- Worm gears operating in severe service
- Reciprocating gas compressor cylinder lubricant where hydrocarbon gas dilution is a problem