MULTIPURPOSE EXTREME PRESSURE LITHIUM COMPLEX GREASE
Phillips 66® Multiplex 220 is a high performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP), lithium complex grease developed for the lubrication of automotive and industrial equipment operating under heavy loads and at moderate to high temperatures. It is particularly recommended for use in applications that are too severe or require higher performance than that provided by conventional, extreme pressure lithium greases.
Multiplex 220 is manufactured with high-quality base oils, a special polymer, and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortified with EP and antiwear additives, a tackifier, and rust and oxidation inhibitors to provide outstanding wear protection, excellent thermal stability at high temperatures, and excellent resistance to corrosion and water washout. It forms an effective seal to help minimize bearing contamination and provides a high level of adhesion to bearing surfaces for improved retention and reduced leakage.
Multiplex 220 is NLGI GC-LB certified for use as a multipurpose automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricant.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent high temperature performance
- Outstanding wear protection
- Good load carrying capacity
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Excellent low temperature pumpability
- NLGI GC-LB certified
- Wheel bearings of passenger cars, trucks, high performance vehicles, sport utility vehicles and motorcycles, particularly those equipped with disc brakes
- Ball joints, universal joints, other chassis parts and water pumps on passenger cars, trucks and other mobile equipment
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings in industrial, mining and mobile equipment