CONSTRUCTION AND OFF-ROAD EQUIPMENT EXTREME PRESSURE LITHIUM COMPLEX GREASE 5% MOLY
Phillips 66® Megaplex XD5 is a high performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP), lithium complex grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of mining and off-road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Terex, Komatsu Dresser, Le Tourneau, P&H, and others. It is particularly recommended for use in AC and DC electric drive haul trucks, cranes, scrapers, shovels, and draglines operating in severe service under heavy or shock loads.
Megaplex XD5 is manufactured with high quality, high viscosity base oils, a special polymer, and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortified with EP, rust and antiwear additives, 3% molybdenum disulfide (moly), a tackifier, and oxidation inhibitors. It provides excellent wear and corrosion protection as well as resistance to water washout for equipment subject to heavy or shock loads or operating under wet conditions and/or high temperatures.
Megaplex XD5 Grade No. 0 is formulated with lower viscosity base oils for better pumpability at low ambient temperatures.
Features & Benefits
- High dropping point
- High load carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 5% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Excellent resistance to separation
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings on mining and other off-highway equipment
- Hydraulic excavator mining shovels, such as Caterpillar 5100 & 5200 series
- Mine haul trucks
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings in industrial and mobile equipment where the manufacturer specifies a high temperature, EP grease with 5% moly