CONSTRUCTION AND OFF-ROAD EQUIPMENT EXTREME PRESSURE LITHIUM COMPLEX GREASE 3% MOLY
Phillips 66® Megaplex XD3 is a high performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP) lithium complex grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of construction and off-road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Komatsu Dresser, Case New Holland, John Deere, and others. It is particularly recommended for use in off-highway trucks and heavy equipment, such as excavators, bulldozers, motor graders and wheel loaders operating under heavy or shock loads.
Megaplex XD3 is manufactured with high quality, high viscosity base oils, a special polymer, and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortified with EP, rust and antiwear additives, 5% molybdenum disulfide (moly), a tackifier, and oxidation inhibitors. It provides excellent wear and corrosion protection as well as resistance to water washout for equipment subject to heavy or shock load, wet conditions and/or high temperatures.
Megaplex XD3 Grade No. 1 is NLGI GC-LB certified for use as a multipurpose automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricant.
Features & Benefits
- High dropping point (>500°F)
- High load carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 3% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Outstanding resistance to water washout
- Excellent resistance to oil separation
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- NLGI GC-LB certified (NLGI Grade No. 1)
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings of construction, mining and other heavy mobile equipment
- Universal joints, constant-velocity joints, brake self adjusting screws and clutch release bearings on off-highway trucks and other heavy equipment
- Tractor-trailer fifth wheels
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings in industrial and mobile equipment where the manufacturer specifies a high temperature, EP grease with 3% moly