POWERSHIFT TRANSMISSION FLUID
Caterpillar TO-4 Fluid for Off-Highway Equipment
Kendall® Powershift Transmission Fluid is a high-performance multifunctional fluid developed for use in transmissions, final drives and hydraulic systems of off-highway equipment where a fluid meeting Caterpillar TO-4 performance requirements is specified. It provides substantially improved friction and antiwear performance compared with older API CD/TO-2 quality fluids, resulting in longer equipment life and reduced risk of field failure. The SAE 10W and 30 viscosity grades also are recommended for use in Allison off-highway heavy-duty automatic transmissions where a C-4 quality fluid is specified.
Features & Benefits
- Well-balanced frictional properties for efficient clutch operation and improved wet brake performance
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability for long fluid life
- High load-carrying capacity for protection of final drive gear sets
- Excellent deposit control and wear protection
- Protects yellow metals against corrosion
- High shear stability
- Compatible with a wide variety of seals and friction materials
- Good low-temperature properties
- Good foam resistance
- Powershift transmissions, hydrostatic transmissions, torque converters, final drives and hydraulic systems of Caterpillar, Euclid, Komatsu and other off- highway construction and mining equipment
- Heavy-duty automatic transmissions where the OEM specifies an Allison C-4 quality fluid
- Heavy-duty manual and semi-automatic transmissions in trucks and buses where the OEM specifies a Caterpillar TO-4 quality fluid or a heavy-duty engine oil Note: Typically, the SAE 10W and 30 viscosity grades are recommended for hydraulic systems and transmissions, and the SAE 50 viscosity grade is recommended for differentials, final drives and heavy-duty manual transmissions. Refer to the OEM recommendations for selection of the proper viscosity grade.