Transmission Fluid for Older GM & Ford Automatic Transmissions
Kendall® Classic ATF is a high-quality transmission fluid recommended for use in all domestic and import vehicles no longer under warranty where the OEM previously specified a GM DEXRON®-III H or Ford MERCON® fluid.
Features & Benefits
- Proper frictional properties for smooth shifting and excellent anti-shudder performance
- Excellent thermal stability and oxidation resistance for long fluid life
- Excellent low-temperature properties
- Protects against wear
- Minimizes sludge and varnish deposits
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good seal compatibility
- Suitable for both automotive and industrial applications
- GM and Ford automatic transmissions in 2005 and earlier model-year vehicles that are no longer under warranty, where the OEM previously specified DEXRON®-III H, DEXRON®-II, DEXRON® or MERCON® ATF
- Import vehicles where DEXRON-III H(1), or an earlier-generation DEXRON® Fluid(1), is specified
- Allison heavy-duty off-highway automatic transmissions that require a C-4 quality fluid
- Hydraulic systems on industrial and mobile equipment operating over a wide temperature range (1)Obsolete service category.Note:Classic ATF is not recommended for use in newer automatic transmissions that require a GM DEXRON®-VI, Ford MERCON®LV, Ford MERCON®SP or Ford MERCON®V fluid for warranty coverage, or in continuously variable transmissions (CVTs).