Would you consider yourself analytical? Structured? Downs Energy is looking for an experienced administrative assistant who approaches and completes work with strong attention to detail and follow-through. If this describes you, come join our team!
To be considered for this position, please complete our Applicant Survey.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Assists with all office administrative and clerical needs
- Answers and screens telephone calls
- Receives, sorts, and distributes the mail
- Scans & makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
- Develops, organizes, and maintains files of correspondence, documents, and records
- Prepares outgoing mail/packages and correspondence, including email and faxes
- Coordinates office vendors such as janitorial, document shredding, and bulk water supplies
- Coordinates schedules and appointments, arranges meetings, prepares agendas, and prepares meeting facilities
- Coordinates employee & customer events including: All Company Meetings/Events, off-site outings, and the annual Customer Appreciation Days
- Coordinates and secures booth space for trade shows
- Assists with executive medical reimbursements, reconciliation, and filing
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports
- Coordinates insurance renewal paperwork
- Researches and creates presentations
- Updates and maintains office policies and procedures
- Orders and distributes office and breakroom supplies
- Coordinates purchase, repair, and replacement of US flags
- Orders and distributes employee business cards
- Maintains contact lists as requested
- Books travel arrangements as requested by upper management
- Submits and reconciles expense reports
- Prepares, monitors, and pays invoices as needed
- Delivers miscellaneous cash/check deposits to the bank
- Assist Marketing Dept with the purchase and stocking of all customers promotional items and employee branded attire
- Coordinates office carpet cleaning
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Other duties/tasks, as assigned
- Associate’s degree (AA) from a two-year College or technical school, or two to four years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute
- Ability to troubleshoot copiers, printers, fax machines and other office equipment is a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Current, valid California driver’s license. Proof of insurance for personal vehicles driven on company time. Proof of current vehicle registration for personal vehicles driven on company time.
Hourly Pay: Commensurate with experience
Fueling Business. Delivering Performance.®